Revised June 6, 2016
- A Special Notice About Children
The Websites are intended ONLY for children age 13 or older. NO EXCEPTIONS! That means even if you are 12 years and 364 days old, you are not to use the Websites. We know children care about their skin, too; but your parent or legal guardian should be your guide when it comes to using the Websites. So, if you are under the age of 13, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE log off until you log back in with a parent or guardian, or after your 13th birthday.IF YOU THINK WE MAY HAVE INFORMATION FROM OR ABOUT A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 13, PLEASE CONTACT US! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information we collect on our Websites
- Information you provide to us in emails or any other electronic message between you and the Websites
- Forums accessed through our Websites.
We respect your privacy and we endeavor to protect information you share with us – for example, your name, e-mail address or any other information that make it possible to identify you from anyone else online.Safeguards: We implement reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have selected a password to set up your own account, do not share that password with anyone else. Do not allow someone else to use or access your account. Accessing our Websites from a public computer may not be secure!
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information using reasonable measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our websites. Any transmission of personal information to us is at your own risk.
- Your Responsibility:
Uses: We use passively collected anonymous information to provide better service to our Website visitors, customize the Websites based on visitor preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the Websites for use.
- Information You Provide to Us:Accounts: When you set up an account, you are providing to us, and we collect the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your selected user name
- Your selected password
- Your email address
- Your photograph (but see below!)
- And when you post to our forum, or write to us directly (whether by email or other electronic medium), your content you chose to share with us
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT TO READ THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITES. But, if you want to share and ask questions on our forum, you do need to set up an account.
- PHOTOGRAPHS: OUR FORUM IS PUBLIC!!!!! YOU CANNOT “SELECT” OR “RESTRICT” WHO WILL SEE YOUR PICTURE, AND YOU CAN NOT PREVENT SOMEONE FROM SEEING YOUR PICTURE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TO SEE YOUR FACE DO NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH!MORE ON PHOTOGRAPHS:Because our Websites are public, without restricted access in all case, someone can copy your photograph or your post on our Websites and use it for something else – or for anyone else. EVEN THOUGH THIS TYPE OF USAGE IS A VIOLATION OF OUR RULES, WE CANNOT STOP SOMEONE FROM DOING THIS!!! IF YOU DO NOT ONE SOMEONE TO DO THIS, DO NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH!!!!
DO NOT PROVIDE TO US THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ANY OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION – WE DO NOT WANT IT AND WE DO NOT AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU SEND IT TO US!
TO BE CLEAR: NEVER NEVER NEVER (we mean it!) SEND TO US:
- Your driver’s license number
- Your social security number
- Your bank account number
- Your credit card number
- OR ANY OF THESE NUMBERS FOR ANYONE ELSE!
DO NOT: Post on the Websites or on our forum EVER:
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Any of the numbers we warned you about (driver’s license, etc.)
- OR ANY OF THIS INFORMATION FOR ANYONE ELSE
We ask for your street address and other means to contact you when you set up your account so we can contact to notify you of important legal matters. BUT YOU SHOULD NOT PUBLICLY POST THIS INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITES. IF YOU POST THIS INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITES, ANYONE CAN SEE THIS INFORMATION AND WE CANNOT CONTROL HOW IT IS USED NOR CAN WE CONTROL BY WHOM IT IS USED.
NEVER POST A PICTURE OF SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION; AND NEVER NEVER NEVER POST A PICTURE OF SOMEONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 EVEN IF THEY SAID IT WAS OK!
Be careful about sharing too much personal information on the Websites! As with your screen name, we strongly recommend that you avoid posting details such as your full name, e-mail address or phone number. If you want to exchange this information with someone you feel comfortable with, do so in a private message, and not through our Website!
Note that the Clear Skin Project is not a healthcare provider or other entity subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and/or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”) and their implementing regulations. Therefore, no information you disclose within the CSP Speak Skin Community is protected under HIPAA and/or HITECH.
- Collection and Use of Personal InformationCollection: In certain sections of the Websites, we may ask for personal information, including your name, e-mail address, and other identifying information. If you would rather not share such details, you do not have to, although certain functions may not work properly. For example, if you want us to reply to a question, we need to know how to reach you.We use your information to:
- Present our Websites to you
- To answer questions you post on our Websites and through our forums
- To provide you information about your account
- To enforce our rights arising from your agreement with us (see the Rules!)
- For any other purpose to which you consent
California Residents – Your Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personally-identifiable information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personally-identifiable information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. ACA does not disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
California Do Not Track Disclosures and For non-California Users too:
We do not track Site users to provide targeted advertising, and therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track (or DNT) signals.
Third Parties: Generally, we will not distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information about you without your consent (usually communicated through an “opt-out” notification or mechanism). But see the discussion below as to how third parties do receive information.
Legal Investigations: We may release your personal information to third parties in order to comply with a valid legal requirement such as in compliance with any law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or, in cases when we believe it is necessary to share information to investigate, prevent or take action regarding any illegal or unauthorized activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or violations of our Rules.
Sales and Mergers: We may transfer the personal information collected by us about you to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership of ACA or the Websites such as a merger, acquisition or any form of sale, or in a bankruptcy or liquidation, or a dissolution.
Aggregating: Without your consent we may aggregate certain personally identifiable information – meaning that the information from many Website users is grouped together in a way that does not disclose the personal information of any particular user to other users. For example, we may collect information about the State you live in, and then run a report that tells us how many users, including you, live in your State. Fun statistics for us, but we will not then publish the list on the Website.
Specifically: when you post a question on our forum, we will respond to you on the forum. Your post and our response are now PUBLIC for all of our visitors to see. If you do not want someone to see your question or our answer, do NOT use the public forum to ask!
Vendors: We contract with a third party to maintain and host the website. Therefore, any information you submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by these third party hosts. These third parties have their own procedures and guidelines. BUT REMEMBER WE DO NOT CONTROL THESE VENDORS AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR PROMISES ABOUT THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES, SECURITY MEASURES OR PROCEDURES!
- Corrections: To correct your personal or account information, please contact us! Email us at email@example.com
- Questions, Comments, or to Opt Out/Unsubscribe
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us at Acne Cure Alliance, Inc., 310 South Street, 4th Fl, Morristown, NJ 07960
Please note that any opt-out request may take at least ten (10) days to become effective.